Blythe's First Thanksgiving

We left College Station around 9am on Wednesday to head to Grandbury, TX to have our first Thanksgiving with Jason’s dad’s side of the family. We arrived around 12:30pm and Jason, Mr. Wilkes, and Byron headed to the golf course. Blythe and I ate some lunch and then headed to Cherie’s house so Cherie could meet Blythe. We took Luke with us to Cherie’s house so he could run around their backyard. Luke had a special treat, Jared, Cherie’s son, loves to play outside so he entertained Luke! It was great to see Luke playing so well with Jared. Luke doesn’t realize he has a play mate in the works! Blythe and I got back to Nana and Grandad’s house about 4pm and enjoyed some fried Turkey; well Blythe had to wait a couple of hours. We left Grandbury around 9pm and headed to Coppell to spend the night with Momo. Blythe went to bed about 11pm and slept till 6pm and then went down again till 9pm when Momo just couldn’t stand it anymore and had to wake her up! We spent the morning with Momo and Jalyn and then headed to my dad’s house where we had our second Thanksgiving. Blythe got to meet Kristie, Tim, Brody, Penny, Dixie, Rosie, Grandma G, and Grandaddy Dick for the first time. We had yummy Turkey, Ham, and we sampled my pecan pie. I have made pecan pie before, but I have never made the pie crust from scratch. I was nervous, but it turned out to be pretty tasty. 

We then headed out to the Lake house to spend some time with the Wilkes. Luckily they had already eaten their Thanksgiving meal so we did not have Thanksgiving food for the 3rd time. We spend the rest of the weekend at the Wilkes and Momo joined us out at the lake on Friday. Blythe is not a “hold me baby,” so wed., thurs. and Fri. were intense for her as everyone wanted to hold her and play with her and she was not getting “Blythe time.” By Saturday she was getting used to all the new faces and the amount of people had dwindled down so she was becoming more of her normal smiling, giggling self. 

Jason had mentioned to me that he wanted to go out on a date while we were home for the holidays. I told him that I didn’t want to be gone for bedtime, but we could do something during the day. Since we had already watched several movies we decided to go shopping instead of seeing a movie. Blythe was in great hands, with 2 set of grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. so I was not worried about her, but I do have to admit the tears were flowing as we left the driveway. I was saying to Jason “this is just like going to work this shouldn’t be a big deal, but I guess it was the first time we were choosing to leave her instead of having to leave her.” Once we got on our way we were fine, but leaving was a tear jerker. 

We headed home on Sunday afternoon and had a extra hour on our trip due to traffic, but we got home safe and sound and Blythe was very excited to be on her lamb skin and see her best friend, the fan!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine being so attached to something that doesn't talk. ;) I guess I'll find out what that's like when I get there...or maybe I am just not cut out for motherhood??
    I'm glad you and Jason had a little time for yourselves and that your little family was able to spend time with so much extended family!!!
    Happy Tgiving! :)