6/18/11

The Bistro Set

I'm starting to wonder how many showings we will have before an offer. Every time we have a showing I think to myself 'this could be it,' but that has thus far been quickly followed by a 'not these buyers' when several days go by and we haven't heard anything. We hooked several buyers, but failed to line and sink them for various reasons. When the realtors are actually nice enough to respond to my e-mail regarding feedback it has been mainly positive:
"SO Cute, we love it."
"You have tell you have done a lot of work on the house, I will certainly show it again"
"Buyers really liked, but dining area not large enough for their needs."
"House shows great, one of the cleanest houses I have seen in a long time."

But as positive is the feedback is, its still not an offer and I know we just have to wait for the 'right' buyers to walk through the door it does take a bit of effort to not get discouraged, but I told myself that we would ride it through June and then maybe think about dropping the price come July and no bites. I did talk to an interested gentleman driving by today for about 30 minutes and he thought his wife would be interested so we will see if that materializes to a showing.

**************************************************************************

I am not known for my spontaneity, but being spontaneous pretty much always results in a fun time. This Sunday we decided, at the last minute, to go to the St. Anthony's Summer Bazaar. After looking up the start time and attempting to go to the kick-off mass that started at 9am and pulling up to an empty parking lot at 9:10, only to find out the event was being held across town, we had a great time.

Blythe showed off her throwing arm on the ball toss, tried her hand at the ring toss, and after a little convincing by me, got her face painted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


For some reason I was really into the idea of Blythe winning a gold fish and Jason thought I was crazy. Maybe it's because I never went to a carnival/festival as a kid and came home with a goldfish, but none the less my girl sank the golf ball into the jar and we left with a prize goldfish. I told Jason "its just for fun it will die in a day or two." We asked Blythe what she wanted to name the goldfish and she came up with Lightening McQueen. Lightening McQueen really lucked out because our neighbors across the street have a fish tank and they willingly accepted him. I don't think he was digging our large pirex glass serving bowl, but hey you use what you have.

Photobucket

There were a few items at the live auction that we flagged thinking we would try our hand at, but as the 2 0'clock hour neared, our clothes were going from sticky to damp to wet, we decided we should bail on the live auction because our items of interest were at the end. We packed up and were walking out when Jason asked Blythe "do you want a cake," and I know you will be shoked, but Blythe exclaimed "YES." So Jason heads over to the cake wheel where there are 40 numbers and each number costs .25. Jason hands over a dollar and says we want 28,29,30, and 31. I told him, oh you should have done 27 for Blythe birthday. The wheel spun and what do you know it lands on #27. So Jason turns to Blythe and says "oh, we didn't win," turns to head back to the car and Blythe looks heartbroken, she wasn't told "do you want to play a game and then IF you win the prize will be a cake", she was asked "do you want a cake?" So $14 dollar we finally win a cake (clearly we should have bought all 40 spots for $10 from the get go), but hey its all for charity.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks to our cake delay we were now nearing our live auction items. We sat back down, paddle in hand and waited our turn. As I held the paddle my heart was beating a hundred miles and hour, they called item #423 - and my paddle went up, so did others, so I looked at Jason he nodded and I put it up again, this continued for about 2 minutes, and then we scored this super cute outdoor kids furniture set where I am sure many lunches and tea parties await.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have a Great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment