11/2/10

Yoga on the Lawn

With the change in weather comes a change in activities. Now that we are able to walk out of the house after 10am without the instant feeling of pitting out, we can plan some outdoor activities for our playgroup. Today we had an extra special playgroup with Yoga by Mamo (Claudia). In most case the saying "a picture is worth 1000 words" is accurate, but in this case it doesn't quite do justice to the setting.

It was 9am and we had a pretty good rain the evening before. We had planned to do yoga on the lawn at 10am because my house is not large enough for 5 people to have ample space to yogasize. We could cancel or we would make it work. Being the make it work kind of person that I am, that is what we did. I hunted down 5 paint tarps to put on the wet lawn to create the yoga mat stations. Then I brought out toys for the toddlers to occupy themselves with; the cozy coupe, the tricycle, balls, trucks, etc. Then I brought some entertainment for the infants; bouncy seat, swing, play mat, etc. at one point Mamo asked me if she should grab the kitchen sink..HAHA very funny. I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy the yoga so I knew that meant the kiddos had to be well entertained.

Although we rarely were all in formation (due to a needed nursing, a toy argument, potty breaks, etc.) it turned out to be pretty successful. Everyone got a taste of yoga, the toddlers got some much needed outdoor time, and the babies played nicely.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment