2/9/10

19 weeks

Last Friday we had our 'big' ultrasound and found out that the baby looks good and healthy! The measurements returned a due date of July 2nd which is just 1 day off from the original due date of July 1st so we will stick with July 1st as the 'official due date.' I have now officially gained weight, but only 2 pounds :). 2 pounds less at this point than I had gained with Blythe and this baby weighed 11oz at 19 weeks and Blythe weighed 9oz at 18 weeks. Just some little fun facts :). This time they gave us a DVD of the ultrasound so we got to show that to Blythe and Momo. This was the first time we mentioned to Blythe that mommy has a baby in her tummy.

My belly really popped out over the weekend, I am officially out of the 'beer gut' stage and onto the small round belly, but I can still button my pants :).

When I picked Blythe up from Lauren's house yesterday afternoon she felt warm, but wasn't acting like she felt bad so I left the potential fever alone knowing that if it doesn't bother them they recommend to leave it so it can fight off whatever it is that is causing it. She took a good 2 hour nap, but when she woke up I could tell she wasn't feeling 100%. She sat in my lap and ate a snack and played with her baby (Nilla) for about 45 minutes. Then she crawled in my lap and looked pathetic :(. I asked her if she wanted to lay her head down on mommies belly where the baby was and she did. I scratched her back and she quickly fell asleep. Cuddle time with Blythe is few and far between as she is always on the go and it's usually when she isn't feeling well, but the cuddling is nice. I couldn't help but think that these times are probably short lived, soon there will be a newborn taking up a lot of mommies cuddle time and I won't have 2 hours to sit on the couch and hold her while she sleep, someone else will want my attention. It was a very sweet moment and Jason got to enjoy some good cuddle time when he got home as well. When I left to go to work this morning Jason and Blythe were cuddled up on the couch watching Bambi. I hope this is just a cold and it goes away quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment