12/10/10

Nilla Goes To The Hospital

Nilla is Blythe's beloved baby doll. It's like Mary Had A Little Lamb, everywhere that Blythe goes, Nilla goes too. A few weeks ago Blythe pointed out to me that Nilla had an awie on her leg and when she showed me sure enough she had a major awie. Nilla's cloth body was starting to become detached from her plastic leg...not good. I really didn't want Blythe to have a one legged baby doll that she takes everywhere with her and I also thought a nice Corolle doll should certainly last more than a year (even with the amount of love Nilla receives). I contacted Corolle and they responded immediately that they would send us a new Nilla, then I got an e-mail back that they would be sending a doll as close to Nilla as possible, but they were all out of Nilla's. I went online to see what the doll looked like and it looked exactly like Nilla just in a different outfit so I guess that is a bonus because we now have a new outfit.

Jason and I debated about how best to replace the old Nilla with the new Nilla. We knew if she saw both of them she would say "I want 2 Nilla's," so that wasn't an option. We have been talking about taking Nilla to the hospital so we continued that theme. Jason tried to convince her that she should kiss Nilla goodnight and let Nilla go to the hospital, but Blythe was NOT interested in leaving Nilla overnight, but who can blame her? What mom would let their precious baby go to the hospital without them over night? So we went with plan B which was the super quick before bedtime trip to the hospital. I told Blythe to give strip Nilla down and give her bye bye kisses and to show me the boo boo so we could make sure it was all better.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here we are starting to get a little nervous

Photobucket


Photobucket

Then Jason brought in the hospital box and Blythe placed her in the box and away she went. In lightening speed the box cam back and Blythe quickly took Nilla out..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

only to learn that Nilla had not been fixed and she needed to go to a different hospital (I was biting my tongue at this point thinking, really Jason we needed to do that?)

So Blythe loaded Nilla back up in the box and away she went. This time she was getting nervous so I suggested a seat in the waiting room chairs.

Photobucket

Finally Nilla returned and was ALL BETTER. Blythe couldn't have been happier. And to top it all off Blythe got a new pair of PJ's for Nilla in her advent calendar!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment