3/9/11

Ash Wednesday

We all know it is a rare sight to see me in make-up, but this morning I was inspired by my beautiful Blythe. She semi-recently acquired a stool which basically means that she can reach things quicker than she used to. Before she had to figure out what she could stack together to form a stool so she could get to where she had her mind set on going, now she just collects the stool and can reach almost anything or at least be at the height of all the counters to climb on in 2 seconds flat. She has also learned how to operate the child proofing so she is pretty much a 'free roaming toddler,' which I guess is all the rave these days, right? I mean if we desire to have free roaming chickens surely free roaming Toddlers are on the top of the list. o.k. I am wondering here, no pun intended, but this free roaming love of mine found the lips this morning and so we decided it was going to be a dressy picnic date with our friends and ash Wednesday service. I'm not big on make-up and have even shuttered at the sight of little ones wearing make-up, but I have to admit that it was fun to watch Blythe enjoy "painting" her face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We had a great picnic at St. Mary's and I of course seized the opportunity to wear the new shoes I scored.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this picture because it really captures who Blythe is. She is such a Mother Hen, removing Ian and Mike's jacket for them as soon as they arrive and un-packing their lunches for them.

Photobucket

There is a lot of anticipation during the 40 days of lent; meat-less Fridays and all the yummy fish dishes that should be in our diets more often than lent, making it to more stations of the cross than the previous year, fasting, realizing how cleansing to the soul it is to give something up or add something in, reaching the end of the 40 days and celebrating Easter, but it all starts with the anticipation of the ash cross. Will you get the thumb print, the slight recognition of a cross, the HUGE I wish my forehead was bigger cross, the horizontal or vertical line, or will you get that rare perfectly even, stencilesk cross and silently think to yourself; yes, I chose the right line this year!).

Our girls love to play in the bed and I love watching them love on each other!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
No more pictures mom, this is a sister only thing

Confession: I'm 26 and I took a knitting class. Not just a knitting class, but a sock knitting class. It was a 3 week class and now I have one sock, so I guess at least one of my feet will be warm for tonight's cold front.

Photobucket

Photobucket

BUT I also ran a 5K this weekend so don't worry I am not turning into an old lady just yet, I guess I just like to try my hand at everything...who knows what I will get into next.

WHAT am I doing up so late, its about to stroke midnight and I am pretty sure I will turn into a pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment