12/30/07

Wilke's Extended Family

Yesterday was the Behrens Family White Elephant gift exchange.  Several people opted to make their gift this year, but I did not hear about this until I already purchased my gift.  Jason and I decided that we would add the "home made" portion to my gift as a mystery gift.  In addition to the wooden cats we placed an envelope on the gift that said "This is a mystery gift, you cannot open it until the conclusion of the game."  Much to our surprise this gift was the first one opened and was the first to be stolen 3 times which froze it.  It was in Colin's hands and he would have to wait till the end to reveal the mystery gift.    The game finally came to an end and it was time for Colin to open the envelope.  He opened the envelope and read:

Of those in this room I shall make:
all of you proud
8 of you great
4 of you insects
2 of you grand 
and 1 of you myself

What am I?

***Confusion struck the room "repeat" "read it again," 4 what?" etc.

Colin read it again, but then added his guess at the end that sounded like part of the riddle

Of those in this room I shall make:
all of you proud
8 of you great
4 of you insects
2 of you grand 
and 1 of you myself

What am i?
Your father (Colin's addition)

***Another couple of seconds pass and Colin opens the paper and reads the answer
"A Child"

Aunt Kate chimes in "Is someone expecting?" at the same time that Caitlin chimes in "Someone's pregnant."

FINALLY eyes turn to Jason and I and the riddle is solved!

A lot of people did not remember this, but before we said blessing for dinner Becky said "I have an announcement," and someone said "Your pregnant? haha."  Little did they know that someone else in the room was about to make that announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment