9/11/08

2 Weeks +

>

Yesterday Blythe turned 2 weeks old!  We had our 2 week check-up and the doctor said she was "perfect!"  She weighed 7lbs 4oz and grew half an inch!  We had to do the newborn screen where they prick their little heel and squeeze the living daylights out of it.  This was NOT fun and is making me tear up right now as I write about it.  I had Jason go be with her while they did it and I stayed on the other side of the room as I knew I would likely be in tears.  I think I might have cried as much as she did, as I saw blood running down her little legs I wanted to yell "your wasting it, stop squeezing and use that."  She wasn't fussy yesterday so I don't think it bothered her after it was all said and done.  I was going to take a picture of her poor heel with the band aid, but it fell off before I got a chance, I guess that is a memory that can be forgotten. 

Blythe's umbilical cord fell off on Sunday so she got to have her first big bath and dad got in to play with her!  She really enjoys the warm water. 

 

Although they say babies don't really develop a routine this early we have a little bit of a routine forming.  She takes a long nap from about 11-3, has wake time from 3-5 and then goes into what I call "marathon eating time" anywhere from 6-9 or 7-10 where she just eats/snacks non stop.  When I went to the La Leche League meeting on Tuesday the other moms said their babies do the same thing and this is how the babies "store-up" for a longer stretch of sleep time during the evening.  Blythe usually wakes up every 3-3.5 hours during the night. 

The last of our company (Momo) has just left today so we are down to just the 3 of us.  Jason and I are a great team and we are enjoying every minute with our baby girl. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment