2/7/11

Hit By A Freight Train

I wish we all felt like we had been hit by a freight train because we stayed up way too late enjoying the company of friends and family, playing games into the wee hours of the night, and drinking cocktails, but alas that isn't the whole story.

We went to Montgomery to watch the Super Bowl with the Kennemers. We managed to get Blythe and Jericho to bed by 9:30pm and Jason and I stayed up playing 42 with Phil and Julie till midnight. At midnight we heard Jericho and I was able to nurse her back to sleep, and Julie and I stayed up a little longer chatting. Just as I was about to fall asleep I heard Jericho again. I slit my eyes, held my breath, and hoped that she was just going to fuss for a few minutes and go right back to sleep, especially since it has only been an hour and a half since she had eaten. After 10 minutes I gave up on that idea and decided to throw her into the bed with Jason and I hoping she would fall back to sleep while I patted her and she wouldn't keep crying and wake up the rest of the house. All seemed to be going according to plan for about 20 minutes until Jericho decided she was ready to party. She pushed up and let out a really loud giggle. Ugh, it was the middle of the night, I was tired and I was not in the mood for a Jericho party. Each time I tried to lay her down she got really upset and I couldn't just let her cry it out because I didn't want to wake up the rest of the household. I tried just about everything under the sun and an hour later Jason decided he would take over. B.A.D idea. As soon as Jason took Jericho her low key crying turned into a really loud, top of the lungs scream. So here we are two exhausted parents which makes for zero patience, instant frustration, and stress at the thought of waking up the rest of the house. At this point Blythe was awake and I really contemplated throwing everyone in the car and heading home so at least we could remove the stress of waking up the Kennemers. Of course driving at 3:30am when you are already tired is not a good idea, but I did entertain it. After 10 minutes of Jericho's top of the lung screaming I couldn't take it anymore so I went and relieved Jason. I guess that wore Jericho out because once I put her in my arms she was quiet and I was able to keep her quiet as long as I didn't put her down. I ended up pulling the padding out of the bottom of the pack 'n play, putting it on the floor, pulling the comforter off the bed and curling up beside her at....4:30am. 3 hours later the day started. It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad night. It has left us feeling like the soles of our shoes should be covered in bar slime and our hair should smell like a giant ash tray and our heads and stomach should be churning from too much alcohol and great memories that make all of it worth it, but in reality its just another day in 'our' paradise and a reminder of why God makes babies so cute.

Hope you had a very restful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment