4/28/11

Give and Take

There's not enough hours in the day for me to keep up all my hobbies at full speed all the time. Which means that there is a constant give and take and shuffaling around of hobbies/activities. I am currently neglecting the blog because I have neglected my picture review. I assure you there has been no shortage of picture takings, but a real shortage of picture review. I view my blog as a way to put pictures and words together so I often have a hard time visioning a blog without pictures, but that's what today is.

Today is the one week marker of our house on the market and we have had 2 inqueries and one showing, which we view as success so far! It also means that we have kept the house in tip top shape for a solid week and this is the first time that I have really understood the saying that "if your house looks great all the time you must be spending too much time on it and not enough time with your kids." I tend to think of myself as a pretty good house keeper, as in anyone could walk through the door at any given moment and I wouldn't think twice about inviting them in, but being market ready at any given moment is a whole new ballgame and a game I am eager to quit because it feels empty and very un-homey. So much so that I have loosened the reigns and decided that realistically I could get the house (mainly toys) back to tip top shape in 30 minutes and I am controlling when the shows happen so we have found a happy medium between the 'well lived in house' and the 'market ready house.'

You know that when I am neglecting the blog I must be working on another project. 2 weeks ago it was project get house market ready and then last week it got combined with knitting a sweater for Blythe. It's called a baby surprise jacket and I hope the surprise goes as well as planned because right now it looks like a large mis-shaped rectangle.

Our inside to outside ratio is quickly changing as the weather is heating up and the pools, parks, and sprinklers are calling our names. You have cute swimsuits with sunhats, sundressed, flowers, sidewalk chalk, and splashpad pictures to look forward to in the very near future.

Don't worry I will get to the Easter pictures before too long, but hopefully this update will tide you over. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment