4/4/11

Little Clicks of Heaven

Most people would describe me as frugal and some would venture to be truly honest and call me a tight wad, which is true, but Jason has taught me that some things are worth the extra dime (or two). I am so happy that Jason pushed me to consider purchasing an SLR and really consider the semi-professional level of a camera. I have not regretted one day with my Canon 50D and I am excited every time I get a chance to download the pictures on my computer and see how many great memories I captured. I am not a big editor, as with most things in my life I tend to lean toward the natural/organic side. I find it far too easy to get into over-editing and over analyzing a picture, because for me its about the memories and the little clicks of heaven that I score. I am just starting to get comfortable shooting in full manual, but it also comes with a price. Kids are fast and they aren't always doing the same thing long enough for 2 clicks, let alone a click, with a pause to change a setting, and another click, but I'm challenging myself photographically and trying not to fall into the 'easy' auto settings.

I have also challenged myself to not let Jericho fall into the 'second child' category as far as pictures and video's etc., but THAT is a challenge. I am happy to announce that she does have something written for every day of her life up to this point and that WILL continue till her first year and she has been captured via photo just as must as her big sister, but I have failed to bring out the video camera and capture all of those adorable little moments that you pour over as a first time parent. I completely failed to get her first mobility move, the inch worm, but I did manage to capture the inch-worm trying to convert to all fours, and just today I tried to get the updated all fours master video and while that goal was technically not met, it was replaced with something far more funny, amusing, and memory worthy...





Blythe spent most of this weekend doing what she loves, mothering anything and everything. This weekend was a little harder on her as she decided to try her hand at twins..twin Mr. Potato Heads that is.

She figured out how to wrap them up, hold them at the same time, and wear them around her waste so she could cook.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jericho is SUCH a happy baby, waking up and happily playing in her crib and trying her hardest to swipe Nilla or BAB once they have been abandoned on the floor

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We wrapped up our Monday evening with a family game of HIDE

Photobucket

and SEEK

Photobucket

HAPPY MONDAY, have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment